I have this obsession with potatoes. Whether it be fries, potato skins, baked potatoes..you name it and I will eat it. I was looking through the interwebs, I saw this recipe for a carved out baked potato with bacon, cheese and an egg in it. Had to try it and uh its DELICIOUS.
Let’s get to it, shall we?
You will need:
* You can either use prepackaged bacon bits or cook the bacon yourself. I chose to cook the bacon myself because the prepackaged ones are full of preservatives and chemicals I can’t pronounce. Plus, bacon is really easy to cook and makes your house smell bacon-licious. Just cook it until its crispy and let it soak on paper towels to get rid of excess fat. mmm..
Ready? Set.. GO!
- Wash your potato and then bake it the way you like.
- Need a faster way to bake it? Set your oven to 350 F. Puncture three holes into the potato using a fork. Put in microwave for 4 minutes. Then run it under water to make it wet again and put it in the oven for 15 minutes. WAHLA baked potato. 🙂
- Carve out the potato but don’t go too crazy because you still want some potato left in that skin. You can make mashed potatoes with the extra potato but…I was so hungry that I just ate it while making the recipe haha
- Fill your potato with your bacon and cheese.
- Crack an egg into the potato and salt/pepper as you like.
- Top it off with as much cheese and bacon to make it perdy
- Put it back into the oven for about 20 minutes or until your egg is cooked the way you like pero like not raw.
AND there you have it! A delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner. Isn’t that eggciting? Okay okay that was cheesy. 😉
Where to find meh :